Hi! I'm Ryn ("R-i-n"). So glad you've stopped by. Everyone has a story, right? That's the whole point to this whole "life" thing, so here's a little glimpse of mine:
Born in 1980 to Canadian Parents, I have been caught saying "sorry" and "eh" on a fairly regular basis. Ever since I was a young child, I have always had a love for animals and a passion for creating art.
Fast forward to college where I was trained in graphic design for a few years but ended up falling into the hair industry and became a successful hair stylist for several years. A car accident would later prove to be a blessing in disguise as I had to retire as a stylist and ended up being reunited with art and design once again.
In 2012, my husband and I had the opportunity to move from our hometown of Toronto, Canada to relocate to San Antonio, Texas and in 2013, we welcomed our son.
For the next three years, I dedicated myself to raising a family but toward the end of 2016, I returned to my painting. I never stopped applying my graphic design skills as I've done many projects over the years. Texas was also the chapter where I discovered the world of animal rescue! I had found a dog that was dumped in my neighborhood at the time. It was winter and luckily I got her to my garage as a safe place for her to stay warm and fed while I frantically tried finding help for her. That's when my life changed - my life purpose wasn't just about the pursuit of creating art anymore, it was now to help the animals I love so much through the power of art and doing something good for everyone involved. THAT is when I started meeting remarkable people in animal rescue and really understanding the heartbreaking truths that millions of our companion partners face every day. That's when my project, "Art for Compassion™" was born as well.
And now, the chapter of right now: enjoying our new home in Baltimore, Maryland!
WHY TRUST ME?
Now that you know a little about me, you may be asking why am I a little different? Because to me, it's not just a piece of art or a design that I'm creating for you. It's a creative journey and you'll be coming along for the ride!
With art, we will select the perfect reference photo(s) to turn into an expressive piece of art. I take the time to learn what colors you enjoy and what colors you'd like to steer clear of. I'll communicate with you every step of the way and do weekly check-ins by e-mail that include in-progress photos so that you're never left wondering what state your painting is in. It's not just about making a painting - it's a personalized experience. It is my goal to create paintings that evoke celebration of a loved one's life whether they are still part of this world or have ventured onto the next one.
With design, I'll take the time to learn about you and your company and what current design problems you're facing. I'll take the time to learn your market and who you're competing against. I'll apply color theory and design principles to create effective, visual communications. All of my design work is custom - no templates are ever used for a "one size fits all". You're unique and deserve a tailor-made design solution.
* Gift Certificates are also available in any amount you'd like! It's a perfect way to give someone a gift they'll always remember and it shows you care!
Sound good to you? Great! Hit the button below to discuss your ideas and let's go for a ride!
While I find great fulfillment in creating custom paintings for private buyers and exercising my design skills, an important part of my mission is giving back. That's why I created my on-going series of projects called "Art for Compassion™"; I partner with animal rescue groups and No-Kill shelters to raise money and awareness through art, thereby helping the rescuers to continue helping the animals they take into their care.
Are you an animal rescuer? Apply to partner and let's do something great together!
You can entrust me to capture your companion in a painting and know that I understand how special they are to you because I have my own fur kids and my world wouldn't be the same without them.
10 FUN FACTS:
1. Aside from my family, I'm most passionate about animals, weight training, collecting tattoos, traveling, (strong) coffeeeeee and listening to house music as early as 5:30am to get me in the right groove for the day! And yes, my grey/silver hair is 100% natural! (I call it my "experience").
2. I don't follow trends. I think it's important to express yourself in the way that feels best to you and best reflects you - whether it's in fashion or not, just be you.
3. If I'm not wearing black, it's probably laundry day! HA! just kidding - laundry day is usually Friday but I DO wear a ton of black, why? not sure. When I was a hairstylist, the salon I worked at required us to wear all black - maybe that's why? or maybe it's because I'm being a stereotypical artist? I'd like to think it's because I like to save the colors for the canvas. My home is pretty calm too - I gravitate toward a lot of gray but I absolutely can't stand white or beige walls!!
4. I'm often at two opposite spectrums of whatever the subject is (ie. I love my jeep but I also love race cars and driving standard - I love the idea of having some land and a small home surrounded by trees in the rural areas but I think living in a loft in the city would be so cool as well!).
5. I'm very sarcastic and a smart ass but with good intensions and a kind heart.
6. They say artists' brains are literally wired differently - I see things in pictures in my head - do you?
7. I have to listen to music when I'm creating - this could be anything from house music to rock, R&B or pop, or even classics from the 50s, 60s and 70s. I listen to all kinds of music - my mom raised me well.
8. I've got OCD and I'm a perfectionist - that's probably why my hair turned grey early.
9. I get called "Ryan" a lot. That would have been a cool name too!
10. If I only had one wish to make, I would wish that evil didn't exist - just love and kindness - the world needs a lot more of that.